January 30, 2018
Re: Table Mountain Feb 1st.
Parents/ Guardians, we have looked at the weather forecast for Thursday and have made a decision in regards to weather, future dates and bus cancellation. We have made the decision that we will go ahead with the skitrip knowing it will be cold but we do need your help in making this day as enjoyable as possible for your child. Having spent many years training and coaching kids with the Table Mountain Ski Club I feel equipped to make this decision. As long as kids are dressed appropriately for the weather conditions they will enjoy their day. The runs are sheltered. Along with skipants, mitts and toques please send a neck warmer and/ or balaclava for face protection. Dressing in layers is a good idea along with sending ‘hot paws’ for their gloves as their hands usually got cold first followed by their feet. These can be purchased at Keranda and often the ski hill if you’re interested in these. Please know that we will have many parents and staff on the hill and in the chalet that day who will be paying close attention to exposed skin and encouraging students to take many breaks if needed. Please ensure your child has appropriate winter clothing so we can make the best out of Thursday together. If you have any question do not hesitate to call.