The Saskatchewan Population Health Evaluation and Research Unit (SPHERU), is conducting a research project about the impacts of COVID-19 on the mental health of children, youth and families.
The student is voluntary and anonymous, and focuses on families with children ages 8-18.
From the research team:
We are currently recruiting participants for an online survey as part of a research study entitled “See us, hear us—Children, youth, and families in Saskatchewan coping with mental health during the first year of the COVID-19 pandemic.”
The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted all children, youth and families’ lives in Saskatchewan: for some, quite severely; for others less so. Some have needed care and received it, others have not. But we don’t have data to accurately know the extent of the disruption, how they are coping, and their service needs. This is why we are asking you to participate in this crucial survey about children, youth, and families’ mental health during COVID-19.
We want to hear from a wide range of families so that our study reflects as many different experiences as possible. Whether your family has had a really hard time during the pandemic or things have not been too bad, whether you have been more affected by the economic impact of the restrictions put in place or by the health impact of COVID, we want your voices to be heard.
If you have a child or youth aged 8-18 in your household and are interested in participating, here is some more information:
· The survey is anonymous. It was developed by researchers at the University of Saskatchewan and is hosted by Voxco, a Canadian-owned and managed company whose data is securely stored in Canada.
· Participation is strictly voluntary and your responses are confidential. Before you or your child (one child per household) agree to proceed with the survey, we will give you more information on the project, the survey, security of your data and confidentiality, your rights, etc. You and your child can then decide if you want to grant us your free and informed consent to proceed.
· The survey takes about 20 minutes to complete. There will be a section for you to answer and one for your child/youth (which they may complete on their own or with help from you or someone else in your household).
· The survey includes questions about COVID-19 experiences, physical and mental health, schooling, and demographic information on your family.
· Participants who complete the survey can enter their name in a draw to win one of three new iPads!
If you are interested in participating, we have more information for you on the survey introduction page, which you can access via this link:
To find out more about the study, visit the SPHERU website. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Dr. Nazeem Muhajarine
Department of Community Health and Epidemiology, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
Saskatchewan Population Health and Evaluation Research Unit (SPHERU)
t: 306-966-7940 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Tamara Hinz
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
t: 306-844-1004 e: email@example.com