Due to extreme weather conditions, all final exams that were scheduled for Monday morning have been postponed to Tuesday at 1:00pm.
November 4, 2020
Hello Grade 10, 11 and 12 students!
What a way to begin November! We are aware that many of you have been advised by Public Health to stay home for a couple of weeks. With final exams scheduled for next week, it is very unfortunate that this has happened at the time that it has. I am writing this letter to you to explain our current plan for final exams.
Students that have not been directed by Public Health to stay home will write exams during the exam period as scheduled in the school on November 9 and 10, 2020.
Students that have been directed by Public Health to stay home will not come to school:
- For ELA A30, ELA 20 and Science 10, a deferred final exam will be held in the school on Monday, November 16, 2020 at 9:00am.
- For History 10, a deferred final exam will be held in the school on Monday, November 16, 2020 at 1:00pm.
- For Foundations Math 30, the final exam will be held online during the scheduled time, on Monday, November 9 at 9:00am, using OpenLMS. Watch for a later email regarding accessing the exam.
- For Foundations Math 20, the final exam will be held online during the scheduled time, on Tuesday, November 10 at 9:00am, using OpenLMS. Watch for a later email regarding accessing the exam.
Students that have been directed by Public Health to stay home must request the deferral by contacting the principal of Neilburg Composite School, Mr. Geoff McFarlan by email or phone (as per AP360).
Take care everyone!
Career & Guidance Counsellor
FOR EXAM DEFERRRALS:
Mr. Geoff McFarlan
Neilburg Composite School
Final Exam Schedule – November 9 & 10, 2020
| || ||Grade 12||Grade 11||Grade 10||Supervision|
|Monday (Day 5)||8:55||Math FM30||ELA 20||Science 10||12: Walso|
|Tuesday (Day 6)||8:55||ELA A30||Math FM20||History 10||12: Reynoldson|
Grade 7–9 students will have regular classes throughout the exam period.
Exams will take place in the regular classroom of the course.
The school encourages Grade 10 – 12 students to study at home in the afternoons to prepare for their next exam.
Neilburg Composite School
Final Exam Policies
- For morning exams, students writing departmental exams must be in the designated classroom, seated and prepared to write their exam, by 8:45. Be sure to bring all the supplies that you need to write the test! At 8:45 those students will receive their instructions. All students will begin writing their exam at 9:00 a.m.
- For afternoon exams, students writing departmental exams must be in the designated classroom at 12:45. All students will begin their exam at 1:00 p.m. after instructions have been read. Again, be prepared to write the exam. Bring all the materials you need to the designated classroom.
- All students must remain in the designated classroom for at least one hour after the start of the exam. At that time, if you are finished your test and have gone over your answers you may quietly leave the classroom.
- It is essential for the students who remain in the classroom to have a quiet testing environment, so they can do their best. If you leave the classroom early, you must either go to the library and QUIETLY study for your next exam, or you must leave the school immediately. You may not congregate in any area of the school to visit or discuss the exam.
- Students will not be allowed to bring jackets or bunny hugs (hoodies) with pockets into the classroom. If you feel you may be cold in the classroom, wear a sweater or a sweatshirt without pockets.
- No electronic devices, such as phones, tablets, smart watches or electronic dictionaries are allowed in the classroom during exams.
- A teacher will be clearing calculators before math and science exams.
- No food or drink will be allowed in the classroom, with the exception of water bottles. Desks may be labeled with grade levels. You may sit in any desk labeled with your current grade level.