In November 2019 our Grade 4 Students completed OurSCHOOL Survey. Below are a few of the outcomes stating how the students rated our school along with a few of their comments.
· 92% of students in our school have a high rate of participation in clubs; the Canadian norm for this grade is 49%.
· 87% of our students have a high sense of belonging; the Canadian norm for this grade is 88%.
· In our school, 87% of students have positive relationships; the Canadian norm for this grade is 79%.
· 99% of our students value school outcomes; the Canadian norm for this grade is 96%.
· 90% of our students are interested and motivated; the Canadian norm for this grade is 76%.
· In our school, students rated our classroom instruction as well organized, with a clear purpose, and with the immediate and appropriate feedback that helps them learn as 9.0 out of 10; the Canadian norm for this grade is 8.4.
· In our school, positive teacher-student relations were rated 9.2 out of 10; the Canadian Norm for these grades is 8.3.
· Students rated teachers' expectations for academic success as 9.3 out of 10; the Canadian norm for this grade is 8.9.
"I like school because of the active things they plan for us."
"I love Lakeview Elementary School. I love all the teachers and the principals."
"I like my school because it helps me learn more even though I am from a
different country and different place."
"I think make math a little harder."
"I always feel welcome here."
"I feel warm and safe at school."