What is PRE-KINDERGARTEN?
• It is a free educational program for children between three and five years old
• It allows children to learn through play and exploration in a structured environment
• It helps children develop language, concentration, memory, social, fine motor and gross motor skills
• It actively involves the family in each child’s education through home visits with the Pre-K Home Visitor
• Pre-K classes will have access to Speech Language Pathologist services
Pre-Kindergarten programs support the overall development of children and focus on five key domains:
• Social-Emotional Development
• Language-Literacy Development
• Intellectual Development
• Physical Development
• Spiritual Development
When is PRE-KINDERGARTEN?
• Classes run for 2.5 hours
• Students attend regular classes from Monday to Friday.
• The program operates from September to June.
• New students are accepted throughout the year as spaces become available.
The times and days of each Pre-K program may vary. Please contact your school for specific information regarding the program format and application process. There are eight classes available in Meadow Lake and one in each of the below listed schools.
J.H. Moore Elementary (Lashburn)
Jubilee Elementary (ML)
Lakeview Elementary (ML)
Pierceland Central School
Ratushniak Elementary (Maidstone)
St. Walburg School
If you are in Meadow Lake, you can complete the referral form below to refer your child to the Pre-Kindergarten program:
Check out this video we've put together to sneak a peak into: